October 31, 2010

Recovery Sundays

Sundays in New York are filled with street fairs, churchgoers, and crowded brunch spots. The city exudes an old world charm; shops don’t open until 10, afternoon siestas are a necessity, and people watching becomes a sport. If you’re anything like me, however, I often find myself nursing last night’s shenanigans until 1pm, ordering take-in, watching a marathon of Teen Mom, then going to sleep. Not exactly how they do it in the old world.
Luckily, there is a place that calls my name, as well as many other hung-over razz girls, to its open doors on a Sunday afternoon. This place is called: Juice Generation and has been “juicing New York City since 1999”. The company provides freshly squeezed, organic smoothies and juices made from local ingredients that maintain the founders commitment to the environment and to  “produce the most food and juice with the least amount of waste”.





Juice Generation is also the founder of the widely acclaimed “Cooler Cleanse”. The cleanse consist of a 3 day or 5 day juice-only diet, where consumers can choose amongst a variety of flavors at the Juice Generation store, then conveniently have their juice selections delivered to their doorstep.








The workers at Juice Generation also have an unrivaled commitment to their customers; I once found myself standing outside their doors at closing time longing for a Multi-V Squeeze smoothie, and they willingly reopened the store to serve my needs.




If you have yet to try a smoothie from Juice Generation, I suggest you get off the couch this very minute and run to the nearest location. There are only four in New York, but no matter the distance, I promise that you will not be disappointed. I can say without a doubt that if Bowdoin had a Juice Generation on campus, I’d forego Thorne Dining Hall on Sunday brunch just to taste their Sunshine Day smoothie.

 


Flavors to try: Antioxidant All-Star, Peanut Butter Split, Peaches and Dreams
Locations: 117 West 72nd Street, 27340 Broadway, 644 Ninth Avenue, 171 West 4th


XX MC

No comments:

Post a Comment